The initiative of climate change in india. A particular set of circumstances which are conducive to a sustainable mobility. The opportunity for accelerated adoption of EVs over ICE vehicles is todays need.
The following are : 1. A relative abundance of exploitable renewable energy resources.
2. High availability of skilled manpower and technology in manufacturing and IT software.
3. An infrastructure and consumer transition that affords opportunities to apply technologies to leapfrog stages of development.
4. A universal culture that accepts and promotes sharing of assets and resources for the overall common good. These circumstances position India to pursue an EV policy which systematically ensures that India’s EV program keeps pace with the global scale since large economies seem to take significant steps towards electrification of vehicles.
India’s growth prospects create potential for developing leadership in Electric vehicles. In that case, the EV policy will encourage a path which starts with India-specific requirements and initiatives for its auto sector, building towards global relevance and applications.
The key objectives of the EV policy are: 1. Reduce primary oil consumption in transportation.
2. Facilitate customer adoption of electric and clean energy vehicles.
3. Encourage cutting edge technology in India through adoption, adaptation, and research and development.
4. Improve transportation used by the common man for personal and goods transportation. 5. Reduce pollution in cities.
6. Create EV manufacturing capacity that is of global scale and competitiveness.
7. Facilitate employment growth in a sun-rise sector. transition that affords opportunities to apply technologies to leapfrog stages of development. h in a sun-rise sector .